Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by stephan.goseberg »

Hi,
There seems to be a bug in the display of resourceTimeRanges.
I am using this feature to display non-working days per resource.
These non-working days are only initially displayed if the resource has no other events.
See below screenshot.
Initial.jpg
Initial.jpg (210.46 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
Then if I drag&drop or edit an event suddenly the non-working days are also displayed for the resources which had events assigned.
AfterDrag.jpg
AfterDrag.jpg (208.73 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
Is there some workaround available so all events and resourceTimeRanges are displayed from the beginning?
Thanks,
Stephan

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hello Stephan,

Could you please provide some instructions of how we can reproduce the same issue with one of our shipped examples? Or please attach a runnable testcase that shows your issue.

Best,
Pavel

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Hi Pavel,

It can be replicated with the Resource Timerange example if you change it to use stores for resources, events and resource time ranges. I have done this and you can check it here:
https://svn.tenderix.com:82/examples/resourcetimeranges/index.umd.html

It's slightly different from what I experience but similar. In this example Mike and Linda have one event each and Mike and Henrik have resource time ranges.
Outcome is that Mike is showing 1 event in the resource grid, but no event is displayed. Also no resource time ranges are displayed. If I scroll to the right then the resource time ranges suddenly appear.
Depending on the loading speed you also see that it very briefly shows the resource time ranges for a fraction of a second but then they disappear.
But Mike's event I have in my store (Investigation) is not displayed at all.
I believe that something goes wrong when loading data from a store.

Regards,
Stephan

Post by mats »

I see it in your demo but failed to reproduce in our latest sources, can you please try using our latest nightly build?

Mats,
I was using the 2.1.1 Trial version to evaluate the pure JS version of the Scheduler so have no access to the nightly builds. I have a license for ExtJS Scheduler and hereviewtopic.php?f=49&t=11349&e=1&view=unread#p60999 you suggested to switch to the JS version because of better rendering performance.
But I think I will stay with the ExtJS version because it seems more stable and mature to me. I found the following issues with this trial version
1. The feature to have a grouping top row for each resource showing the total number of hours in green or red doesn't work. https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum/tickets/8751-group-feature-groupingrenderer-only-called-for-columns-in-first-sub-grid/details#
2. The summary grouping showing the total hours of all resources per day in the bottom histogram crashes (or makes it unresponsive) IE.
3. While the immediate rendering on the screen is faster than the ExtJS component, scrolling up and down is slower. It is not smooth scrolling in my experience.
4. There is an implementation incompatibility with the script manager in .NET. I could probably work around that by adding the script manager in code behind and not via the asp tags in ASPX file.
5. The non-working days (resource time ranges) do not display right away if the resource also has some demand items. In this case you need to edit and save an event (or as in the example scroll to the right) and then suddenly NwD display for this resource.

Post by mats »

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

1. Will be fixed in a coming release
2. How do we reproduce this? Any error messages in the console
3. Surprised to hear it feels slower. We'll investigate
4. Are you sure? Should be no incompatibility with any web stack, it's just pure JS / CSS. Must be something on your end.
5. Not reproducible in our latest sources, so likely fixed already.