Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by abhi.srinu »

Hello,
We are using using Bryntum Scheduler currently by including ext-all.js and sch-all.js and our custom js file in our aspx
Going forward we want to include only required components. How do we do that?
I saw a thread 5 years back to use sencha CMD but there's no documentation on how do we do that. Can I please get help?

Abhi

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hello Abhi,

Bryntum Scheduler is our new modern component which runs with no ExtJS. If you say "ext-all.js and sch-all.js and our custom js" that means you are talking about ExtScheduler. Let me know please your ExtScheduler, ExtJS and Sencha Cmd versions. Then we'll discuss the possibility of creating custom ExtScheduler bundles in the dev team and get back to you.

Cheers,
Pavel

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hello again,

I have an update for you. I'm afraid Bryntum doesn't support generating custom builds, but you can try to achieve this using Sencha Cmd tool. Please checkout docs here: https://docs.sencha.com/cmd/6.5.3/guides/advanced_cmd/cmd_advanced.html
All questions related to Sencha Cmd you can ask on Sencha forums.

Best,
Pavel

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by abhi.srinu »

That explains. Thanks a lot. What I meant was ext scheduler.
Do we have a sample implementation of how this has to be correctly made? Because what we have currently all our code into one single js and this js included in our aspx.
Want to see what is the correct implementation of this.

Abhi

Post by pmiklashevich »

There are 2 main options of how to use ExtScheduler: Using Sencha CMD or just a simple application. You can look at our examples/ folder in the distribution. Each example is a standalone application. If you look at index.html of any example, you'll find sch-all-debug.js script which is commented out by default. It's done to be able to load only classes which are needed for the application. To let your application know from where to load source, you need to specify paths. In our examples paths are specified in examples/examples-shared.js, for example:
    Ext.Loader.setConfig({
        enabled : true,
        paths   : {
            'Ext.ux'       : '../../../extjs-6.5.3/packages/ux/classic/src',
            'Sch.examples' : '..',
            'Sch.locale'   : '../../packages/bryntum-scheduler/src/Sch/locale',
            'Robo'         : '../../../robo/lib/Robo',
            'Cal'          : '../../../Calendar2.x/packages/bryntum-calendar/src/Cal',
            'interact'     : '../../../Calendar2.x/packages/bryntum-calendar/src/interact.js',
            'Kanban'       : '../../../TaskBoard2.x/packages/bryntum-taskboard/src/Kanban',
            'Sch'          : '../../packages/bryntum-scheduler/src/Sch',
            'Gnt'          : '../../../ExtGantt6.x/packages/bryntum-gantt-pro/src/Gnt'
        }
    });
If you uncomment sch-all-debug.js script, all the classes will be loaded and Ext won't require the same classes again.

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer