Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by abandara »

Hi there,
I have download examples and try to do some sample coding. Find out scheduler.umd.js around 2.5MB. When I attached all build folder to my project as npm files, the bundle over 10MB.

But when I run an individual react example, there are no such big files downloaded.

What is the standard size of the scheduler package with one single theme file? (lets say with scheduler.material.css )

In an individual example (drag and drop between schedulers) , bundle/chunk file size around 1MB. Is this happens because of webpack's tree shaking?

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hello,

When you include build folder as a local npm package it creates a symlink to the build folder under your_app/node_modules/bryntum-scheduler. Locally 2.0.3 release build folder takes ~30Mb. It makes no sense to copy all the files to your project if they are not needed. Just copy what you need to your project.

Cheers,
Pavel

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by abandara »

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for the reply. At least we need to include scheduler.umd.js to work with the scheduler. Is this the exact size of the main scheduler package? Or else can we reduce that size as well? Or else webpack do reduce the file size using tree shake?
As I mentioned earlier, some of the sample projects don't download big files around 2.5mb.

Post by pmiklashevich »

scheduler.module.js ~3Mb
scheduler.module.min.js ~0.8Mb
scheduler.umd.js ~5.4Mb
schduler.umd.min.js ~1Mb
scheduler.stockholm.css ~0.5Mb

All sizes are provided according to the future major release, current release is a bit less. Also please keep in mind that obfuscation adds almost twice the size, so trial bundles are bigger.

Also we have a ticket to write a guide of how to create a custom bundle. That would reduce the final size even more.

P.S. There was a similar question about Gantt. Here is the link in case you're interested in: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11102#p59683

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer