Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by Landpoint »

Right,
I suppose I am asking, how do we work around that?
To me, a boolean flag on the individual resource object could tell the scheduler if it should show that person or not.
It could be defaulted to true.
This would allow a lot of flexability in the system

Post by Landpoint »

Or is that what you mean, that you have opened a new ticket to support this function in the future versions?

Post by pmiklashevich »

Yes, exactly! The ticket is opened to be solved in the future releases.

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by Landpoint »

I'm sorry,
I know I have replied a couple of times already, however, I want to make sure I am clear on what it is I am looking for.

1) We have 300+ employees in a location
2) We want to have the schedule set up that the managers can set views of their own lists of employees.
2.a) Manager A wants to see John Smith, Anders Beck, and Will Smith on the list regardless of if they have events scheduled that
day/week/month or not.
2.b) Manager B Only wants to see employees who have things scheduled.
2.c) Manager C Only wants to see which employees are not scheduled at all so they can find out why.

For us, the ability to have a "Render In Grid" option on the individual resource makes the most sense.

For some managers, It would allow us to say, regardless of if that person has an event in the specified time range, render them
For other managers, It would allow us to say, Only show resources which we know (from our own ajax data) have events scheduled)
etc...

While at the same time, your decision to have the unfiltered list on edit makes perfect sense in all cases.

Post by pmiklashevich »

Don't worry, I'm here to make all things clear for you. You shouldn't apologize.

What you've described sounds like you need to develop a custom toolbar with different options for your managers. Maybe even save/load presets to store the state. However scheduler renders its rows based on the values in the store. The only one way to change what is rendered is to manipulate with the store. If you apply filters you can show only that info which is required. So your managers will setup configuration in your custom toolbar and you will build a filter function based on that config and apply it to the resource store.

Resource Store and Event Store can also be used in different components, like Event Editor. By default the same instance is used. So if you apply some changes to the store, you'll get the same result in all components where it's used. So to break this relation need to clone resource store when it's used in Event Editor (and possibly in other widgets). But in Event Editor for sure. Because when the row is hidden you cannot change a task assignment by drag & drop. And the only one way to change it through the Event Editor.

As a temporary workaround you can save your filter, and when the Event Editor gets shown, clear resource store filters, and when the Event Editor gets hidden, restore the filter again. The disadvantage of this is that you will temporary see more rows on the background while you're editing.

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by Landpoint »

Thanks for the clarification on all of that.
Yes, I suppose I can go about doing it that way (making more clever filters)
Can you point me to a place in the documentation that gives some robust examples of filtering these?

Thanks,

Post by Landpoint »

Nevermind, I think I got it going now!
I look forward to the updated Edit window, but I think I'm good to prototype!

Post by johan.isaksson »

FYI, more recent versions of Scheduler uses an unfiltered resource store for the combo in the editor. Ticket #7604 has been closed
Best regards,
Johan Isaksson