Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by galtonova »

Hello,

We are interested in using Bryntum Scheduler in our Angular 7 app, so I downloaded the trial version 1.1.2. However when I integrated it with our app and made a small demo, I couldn't run the production build. Dev build works fine.
ng build --prod
It causes recursion errors on app start. Then I tried building angular example that came with the trial package, it also can not be run. Finally I tried creating an empty Angular project then integrated your scheduler, I still got the same error on production builds.

Error message on Chrome:
Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
at String.indexOf (<anonymous>)
Error message on Firefox:
Too much recursion [Learn More]
To reproduce it, just compile the example folder "angular" with --prod flag and then try to run it.

Also, I found some other bugs. Namely:
  • - I tried to hide event end time input on event edit form but endTimeConfig does not work. endDateConfig controls both date and time fields (hides/shows them both, sets their labels both etc.). startDateConfig and startTimeConfig works fine however.

- beforeeventresizefinalize finalize function doesn't work properly. After setting async property to true, whether I send true or false as parameter to the finalize function doesn't matters. It finalizes event resize as if I sent true (or without params). Same code works fine on beforeeventdropfinalize event however.

- eventEdit extraWidgets value property does not set a default value for event edit forms if name parameter matches a property from eventRecord proerty. If I give some random name to name property, it sets a default value but then doesn't set proper field.
Do you plan on fixing Angular production error and fixing those bugs? If so how long would that take? Especially production error because I believe I can hack my way around those other bugs. If we are to use your product, we need to be able to get a production build at the very least until our deadline.

Post by mats »

Hi, glad to hear you're evaluating our Scheduler and sorry to hear about the bugs. Do you mind splitting each issue into its own thread? It'll be much easier to track the progress that way. We'll investigate all issues shortly and hopefully unblock your trial efforts soon! :)

Post by galtonova »

Sure.

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
We are aware of the issue with the production build. Here is a ticket to track it: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum ... mo/details
We are planning to fix it to the next release. If release will be taking long, we could provide you a pre-release trial build to get you unblocked.

I opened separate ticket specifically for your issue: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=10175&p=55612#p55612
While we are working on that please tell me, how bad is this bug blocking you?

Hello.
Please try this early trial distribution: https://bryntum.com/temp/scheduler-1.1.3-trial-local.zip
Angular in production should work with this build.

Post by galtonova »

Thank you, will try it in a few hours.

Post by galtonova »

So far, it's working great! This Friday we are going to do an internal demo to higher ups who care about bundle size and performance a great deal, hopefully everything will work as intended. I haven't tried other fixes yet, probably will try them tomorrow.