Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by caspernh »

Can I prevent the grid from chaning until i approve the change? My intention is to connect the grid to a database.

Example:
If I delete a row my approch seem to be different form what the grid has to offer.

What I would like the grid to do:

1. I press a delete button
  2. A request is made to the server to delete this row in the database.
    3 When a positive response is returned, I would like to remove the row from the grid.

The grid seems to offer this.

1. I press the delete button
  2. The row is removed from the frontend
  3. A request can be made to the server.

Is this possible with the grid?

Next question. I am trying to use it with Laravel, Vue 3 and Intertina. Is it realistic to use the Grid in this context? So far I am at the conclusion, that i am better of making my own grid system which fits with the Laravel framework. I am missing reallife examples with a database and a context on how to use the grid in a Vue3 scenario and the codesplitting. I have been thorugh the existing documentation, but it offers very little context and real use cases.

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

Our built in means of removing a row/record behaves as you have noticed. The record is removed from the store, store changes are then at some point (depending on app implementation) synced to the backend.

But nothing prevents you from implementing an async removal flow yourself, in the handler for your button you would first communicate with the backend and only when you have verified that a row should be removed would you call grid.store.remove(xx). You can then if it makes sense in your application clear changes from the local store by calling store.commit().

Regarding using Grid with Laravel & Vue 3 I cant see any reason why that would not work. Grid is a plain JavaScript widget without its own backend, Larvel should work just as good as pure php, asp.net etc. Although there aren't currently many Vue 3 demos available, the ones that are there should hopefully show you how it can be used.

Good luck on your implementation!

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by caspernh »

Thank you for your reply.

We went with Bryntum Grid as we hoped it would give us a fast way to achieve a solid Grid solution. Unfortunately that was not achieved. We have spent endless amount of time to guess how to structure things.

We have decided to drop the Bryntum Grid due to the following reasons:

1. Missing solid documentation and real life examples.
  2. Heavy in CSS and JS.
  3. Not easy to connect to Laravel with search, filters and pagination.
  4. Vue integration seems to be at a very early stage.

Post by mats »

Sorry to hear about your decision, if there's any chance we can change your mind - we would be open to a Zoom-call where we can help you get up and running. If interested, please email me and I'll help set it up mats[at]bryntum.