Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by Simppa »

Hi,

I just downloaded the trial edition of the Grid component. I am investigating grids for new application I am planning to develop with Vue.

I started to follow instructions from https://www.bryntum.com/docs/grid/#guides/integration/vue.md. There's sample html where grid.umd.js is referenced. I was about to copy it when I noticed that the file size of grid.umd.js is 2.6MB. Is the file size really that big with the non-trial edition of the grid also?

Second question. Is it possible to get Bryntum Grid via npm?

Thanks!

Post by saki »

The non-trial version size of grid.umd.min.js is 996kB.

Usually, the application is started and build with @vue/cli so in this case you do not include the above package but you import individual components needed in the application, for example:
import { Grid } from '...'
We are currently working on @vue/cli-generated examples for Grid, however, we have many of them for Scheduler. I have tried to build a production version of Simple Vue Scheduler demo with the following results:
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 10.57.18.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 10.57.18.png (174.91 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
Taking in account that the Scheduler is much more complicated than Grid, I'd expect even smaller sizes.

To your second question: We are working on npm versions of our components and we made pretty good progress with this task, so stay tuned.

Post by Simppa »

Thanks for the clarification! Hope you'll get vue-cli examples ready soon

Post by saki »

The examples are done, check the upcoming nightlies or the next release.