Discuss issues related to v5.x

Post by Scheuring »

Hi there,

How can I distiguish between beforetaskdrag and dependencybeforedrop event?

I do have logic to be done when a task is moved horizontally (which works fine with beforetaskdrag) and other logic when drag-creating a dependency (which also works like a charm on dependencybeforedrop).

BUT drag-creating a dependency also fires the beforetaskdrag event, and I totally don't want that move-horizontally-logic to happen when creating a dependency...any suggestions?

Regards,
Reto

Post by mats »

BUT drag-creating a dependency also fires the beforetaskdrag event, and I totally don't want that move-horizontally-logic to happen when creating a dependency...any suggestions?

I can not see any beforetaskdrag event being fired when creating dependency, what version are you using? Try latest

Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our powerful error logging service RootCause

Post by Scheuring »

I just tried with latest version and basic example with minimal changes to

Gantt.js
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

. If you try to create a dependency by Drag 'n' Drop, both events get fired.

Post by mats »

Ok now I see it (I looked at our pure JS Gantt by mistake, sorry). Ticket opened / fixed: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum/tickets/9664-creating-dependency-triggers-beforetaskdrag-event/details

Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our powerful error logging service RootCause