Cell value update

Questions related to our Sencha Touch based grid component
LarssaAndin

Cell value update

Post by LarssaAndin »

I've implemented edit support for my grid (the popup type) and that works fine now. The problem I have is that editing cell values in my application normally results in multiple changes in the grid (it's triggered on the server side). I know which cells are changed so the problem is just how to apply these changes in a user friendly way. Currently the whole grid is recreated and that is very slow and not very user friendly.

In my ExtJS version of my application I go in and edit the dom model to accomplish this and that works well but my question now is if there exist an alternative solution to this rather crude method in UberGrid?

mats
Core Developer
Core Developer

Re: Cell value update

Post by mats »

So you reload your store when these changes happen or do you fetch the change set manually and inject changes into the store then do a full refresh? I guess we could add a 'refreshCell' method, provided that there is up to date data in the store.
Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our new error logging service RootCause, or read more on the Sencha blog

@bryntum
Facebook
API documentation

LarssaAndin

Re: Cell value update

Post by LarssaAndin »

:oops: should have checked closer at my code before posting. The recreation was totally my fault. When I changed the code to a pure refresh (after making sure store is correct) it works quite well. Combined with the fact that handling the popup makes the whole process pretty forgiving of lag this issue isn't a super high priority. But anyway, a way to trigger update of specific cells (a list of cell positions or equivalent) would probably be very useful for optimizing this process. If this code could keep track of the currently rendered cells so the end result could be 0 "visible" changes it would be very nice.