Event questions

Questions related to our Sencha Touch based grid component
LarssaAndin

Event questions

Post by LarssaAndin »

I'm testing the touch events and have some questions:
  1. I found out that a single tap event is triggered when I release the tap after a longpress/holdtap has triggered, I guess this is a bug? This always happen on ipad and some times in Chrome.
  2. If it isn't a bug, can I some how avoid the cellsingletap event?
  3. Is there actually any difference between celllongpress and cellholdtap?
  4. It's very difficult to trigger a cellswipe, in what scenario is this event relevant?

nickolay
Core Developer
Core Developer

Re: Event questions

Post by nickolay »

Hm.. If its a bug then probably in ST itself, since events are just translated directly from DOM elements. Can you test it on the empty page with ST and listening the on the <body>?

Not sure about the difference between the longpress and holdtap - sounds similar, try asking at SenchaTouch forum?

About the swipe - is it hard to trigger on native devices too?
We offer training in both Ext JS and our products, read more here.
Read the API documentation

LarssaAndin

Post by LarssaAndin »

Ok, I'll ask on senchas forum about those :)

Triggering swipe requires me to swipe very quick so the grid scrolling fails to follow, then that event hits.
Not sure I'm going to need it, but if it's not consistent in behavior you might not want it published.

I'll try and setup a testcase to see if I can create a repeatable case for singletap.

mats
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by mats »

Swipe could still be useful for a grid that doesn't use horizontal scrolling (all columns use 'flex'). You could configure the scroller to ignore horizontal scrolls and then swipe becomes useful.
Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our new error logging service RootCause, or read more on the Sencha blog

@bryntum
Facebook
API documentation

LarssaAndin

Post by LarssaAndin »

mats wrote:Swipe could still be useful for a grid that doesn't use horizontal scrolling (all columns use 'flex'). You could configure the scroller to ignore horizontal scrolls and then swipe becomes useful.
Of course, thinking too much about my own scenario :oops: