UberGrid in an MVC app with Sencha Cmd

Questions related to our Sencha Touch based grid component
snehal

Re: UberGrid in an MVC app with Sencha Cmd

Post by snehal »

Attached the sample. Due to the file upload size could not upload the source for touch. you can use the v2.2 source.
Also have deleted some of the resources.
If you either generate a new project using sencha cmd and just use the source files from the zip, the error will be reproducible.

Would appreciate if there is a working sample for the production build.
Attachments
UberGridMVC.zip
(832.87 KiB) Downloaded 428 times

mats
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by mats »

Again, this works fine for me as long as the paths are correct.

Code: Select all

GET http://lh/ubergrid/examples/u/touch/sencha-touch-all-debug.js 404 (Not Found) 
I get this if I use your app.json file, since I don't have the same folder structure. I'm guessing you have an issue with the paths in your app. Do you see any 404 errors? Please verify that your paths are correct, both in the HTML file and in app.json.
Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our new error logging service RootCause, or read more on the Sencha blog

@bryntum
Facebook
API documentation

snehal

Post by snehal »

No I do not get any 404 errors. All the files are loaded. Checked the "network" tab in the developer tools.
However, the sencha-touch-all-debug.js does not get loaded in the production env. and if we removed the id="microloader" from the index.html, then it will give an error while accessing the production build, that development.js is not found.

Is your development version working or the built one?
Because development version is working in our case too.
The built app under the build/pojectname/production is not working.

If the paths were not correct in app.json, even the development version would have given errors!

Can you upload the sample that is working for you? We can test with the same structure if required.

mats
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by mats »

Ok, I see what you mean now (I didn't look in the build folder). I think this is a result of either you building the app the wrong way, or a bug in Sencha Cmd (I'm no Cmd expert btw ;) ). Our scripts are just regular Sencha Touch classes. How are you building your app to get this result?
Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our new error logging service RootCause, or read more on the Sencha blog

@bryntum
Facebook
API documentation

snehal

Post by snehal »

I am building the app in a normal way using sencha app build or sencha app build production commands.

If we remove the Ubergrid source and it usage from the app, the app builds properly.
We have set the loader path to load Ubergrid sources:

Code: Select all

Ext.Loader.setPath({
    'Ext': 'touch/src',
    'UberGridMVC': 'app',
    'UberGrid': 'lib/UberGrid'
});
Basically, when we use Ubergrid, the production build fails.
So, we wanted to know if there is a sample app which uses MVC and the build for production is successful.

mats
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by mats »

No sample app as of this moment. Are you 'requiring' the UberGrid classes anywhere in your app so Sencha Cmd can bundle them? How do you do this with other custom made (non Sencha Touch) classes?

@bryntum
Facebook
API documentation