Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by vakhsakhalyan »

Hi
I have updated the Siesta to 4.4.3 version. And previously I have used
webdriver localhost/.
... command. But after update this command is not working. I have tried to understand the problem, and came to conclusion that node_modules is needed here. Why? And how can I run automation as I ran previously?

Post by nickolay »

Hi,

From which Siesta version have you updated? "node_modules" are also included in the Siesta package, so that folder should present.

Post by vakhsakhalyan »

Hi,
I have updated from 4.2.2 version. There were no node_modules in that version.
Actually, I don't want to push my node_modules to repository. Could you please provide package.json dependencies. I want to build it in my local environment.

Post by nickolay »

Hm.. Try with latest 4.4.4? I've just checked and "node_modules" are definitely there for both 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 releases. Are there any errors when unpacking the siesta package?

Build environment currently includes perl scripts, and some of the build files are not shipped with the package.
Actually, I don't want to push my node_modules to repository.
Treat them as static dependency files - that what they actually are in case of Siesta packaging.

Post by vakhsakhalyan »

I want to run script which run "npm i " command and generated all node_modules which needed here. I have collected necessary dependencies . Could you please review it?
 "dependencies": {
        "debug": "^3.1.0",
        "es6-promise": "^4.2.4",
        "fs-extra": "^6.0.1",
        "joose": "^3.50.0",
        "json2": "^0.4.0",
        "mkdirp": "^0.5.1",
        "pngjs": "^3.3.3",
        "process-nextick-args": "^2.0.0",
        "progress": "^2.0.0",
        "proxy-from-env": "^1.0.0",
        "selenium-webdriver": "3.6.0"
    }
After unpackaged the siesta, package.json hasn't any dependencies.

Post by nickolay »

Yes, package.json has no dependencies, thats expected. It should have the "node_modules" folder though.

As I mentioned, some of the build files are not even shipped - you won't be able to do a custom build. What are you trying to achieve, that can not be done without it?

Post by vakhsakhalyan »

As I correct understand I need to push "node_modules" folder into my repository? I only want do not push "node_modules" into repo. There are no any errors.

Post by nickolay »

If you don't need to run your tests in the command line all you need the "resources" folder and "siesta-all.js" file.

Post by vakhsakhalyan »

ok, thanks a lot