Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by davmillar »

Does the code profiling utility support ES6 arrow functions? It seems to not, as I'm getting a warning at the position of my first arrow function:

Instrumentation of the file failed: app/view/{foobar}.js, error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token (69:49)
        Ext.Object.each(me.icons, (key, config) => {
            // foo bar
        });
We're venturing into this brave new world of Sencha Cmd transpiling ES6 to ES5 in our ExtJS app build and we hope you can help us keep up code coverage through the process.

Post by nickolay »

No, unfortunately ES6 syntax is not supported yet.

Post by davmillar »

Would you add it for a Scooby Snack?

Post by nickolay »

Aha-ha :) I was planning to do it anyway, but now that you suggested :) Realistically its Q2 though.

Post by krullj »

How soon in Q2? We'd like to be able to turn code coverage back on in our release pipeline as soon as possible.

Post by nickolay »

Well, its 5.1 the soonest. 5.0 scheduled for June.

Post by nickolay »

Sorry for the inconvenience, the coverage rewrite requires some internals refactoring, and thats not easy with preserving backward-compatibility, considering how many features Siesta supports. The first step will be 5.0 release, which turns Siesta into regular `npm` package, then we continue from that.

Post by nickolay »

Just released Siesta 5.1.0 with completely new coverage module, running on "stock" latest Istanbul, supporting the arrow functions and other ES6 features.