Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by jflowers45 »

A few items that I think would be relatively easy to implement, that might benefit many users of the product.

1) I've noticed some of our application events taking longer to execute than I'd like. The backend queries that are causing slow front-end load times won't be optimized for a while, so I don't want them to timeout and trigger a test failure, but I'd like to be able to set a threshold on 'waitForEvent' and 'waitForRowsVisible' so that a warning would get displayed if they exceeded a certain amount of time.

2) If that were implemented, it'd be nice if the 'show failed only' bug button in the top right corner had an option to also show warnings.

Hope everyone at Bryntum is having a nice holiday!

Post by nickolay »

Thank you, good holidays for you as well!

1) How do you mean - you'd like the "waitForEvent" to not generate a failure when it times out? Thing is, it has to time out at some point, test can't wait for it forever - it may hang.

2) This can be done I guess, yes.

Post by jflowers45 »

I meant an additional option. Something like a "warningThreshold" - a value that indicates that performance should be improved if a query takes this long.

The use case here is that it allows you to spot areas where performance can be improved without necessarily failing the tests - because things are functioning, just a bit slower than you'd hope.

I've attached an image for clarity. Thank you for your response and consideration!
Attachments
warning.jpg
warning.jpg (36.65 KiB) Viewed 3306 times

Post by nickolay »

Ok, we'll consider these improvements, feature request created: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum ... ld/details

Post by jflowers45 »

Thanks! Do you prefer fugure feature requests to be made over there or in the forums?

Post by nickolay »

Sure. Submit them right there - thats where the development planning happens.