Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by nuridesengin »

Hello Dear Bryntum team,

Lately posted several questions about UI testing with Siesta and so far I can say that Siesta test suite is working pretty well for me. I've two topics remained with Siesta: Code coverage & Unit testing

I've coincide with "Code Coverage" to much but not sure if it's suites with UI/GUI tests! My aim is having a report which explain how many submodules of my app has been tests with that criteria I've specified.

Is it possible to use Siesta's code coverage reports through this aim? For example as you'll see on screen-shot image, I am following an excel file which determines the situation of CRUD Tests. But of course I'm doing everything manually with :(
screen-shot
screen-shot
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 10.14.19.png (80.53 KiB) Viewed 3375 times

Post by nickolay »

Hi,

Code coverage feature is currently supported only for unit tests - test that have "preload" config.

Perhaps you just want the html report feature? --report-format=html ?

Post by nuridesengin »

well! sounds like HTML report will be suite well. But couldn't find anything about HTML report on Siesta docs. What's that HTML report?

Post by nickolay »

Its the results of running a test suite, prepared as an html page. Can be generated from the command line, by adding the --report-file and --report-format options.

Post by nuridesengin »

aha! I see. I'll use this feature to be sure if suites with me. :) Thanks a lot for advice.