Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by nuridesengin »

Hello there. Siesta's web runner UI behaves unnormal and unfortunately couldn't find a solution for this. The problem rises through group categories. I'll share several screenshots of random run-times of web runner.

First of all this is what I expect (Create group has 15 items):
v0
v0
v0.png (193.33 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
But in the first place when it's run, it looks like that:
v1
v1
v1.png (246.34 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
or sometimes like that, if I've reloaded:
v2
v2
v2.png (293.8 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
As well when I try to collapse the groups it is being normal but leaves one item under Application Tests: Here is the screenshot, the redline item shouldn't be there @ https://prnt.sc/hkb8st

This unnormal behaves effects several things as well. For example each time when I choose/click one of item to run Test, it's getting messing-up again and replaces items under different group categories. Also I would like to run a group all together by dbl click on group name but again getting messing-up! :( Why is that could be happening?
Last edited by nuridesengin on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by nickolay »

Hi,

This is could be because some of the tests have duplicated urls (which are used as ids for the UI grid). Try to make sure all tests have different urls. You can append some query string after the url to make it unique :
{
    url : "sometest.t.js?someQuery1"
}

Post by nuridesengin »

Exactly! All works... I've missed a bunch of items url's duplicated from all three group. Thanks a lot.