Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by chauncey-garrett »

It appears that the waitForComponentQuery method allows for multiple query matches and does not throw a warn/error message when multiple matches are found. Is that correct?

We're using waitForComponentyQuery in one of our core utility methods and were experiencing failures with a handful of components when we determined that a particular query had multiple matches.

I also noticed that waitForComponentyQuery uses
!me.isElementVisible(c)
instead of (the Ext native)
c.isVisible()

Post by nickolay »

Thats correct, it expects any results from the query.

What about "isElementVisible"? Does it work incorrectly in some case?

Post by chauncey-garrett »

Hmm, that's not what I would've expected. We've got the failOnMultipleComponentMatches flag set to true and expected a failure for multiple matches.

IsElementVisible seems to work well as far as I know; I just expected an Ext native approach for that method.

Post by nickolay »

Well, thats the contract of the method.. May be somewhat contradicting with "failOnMultipleComponentMatches" but that is for selecting a specific target, and "waitForComponentQuery" is waiting for "anything like this query" to appear. You can create your own "waitForSingleComponentQuery" or similar in the test class.

As about the visibility method - the reason is that it should work w/o Ext on the page as well, so we created our own method for that.