Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by chauncey-garrett »

Since you use Istanbul for code coverage, can you add support for outputting a code coverage report in the Cobertura format? I believe Istanbul supports this out of the box.

Post by nickolay »

It does, however, Istanbul is purposed to run in nodejs, so we had to patch it heavily for reports to work. Probably there were a reason why we didn't add this report. I'll check.

If you are able to add support Cobertura, please consider allowing both the Cobertura report and HTML report together (for similar reasons to having both JUnit and an HTML report).

Post by nickolay »

Yes, multiple reports for coverage are already supported (multiple normal reports are now supported in nightlies - need to repeat the --report-file, --report-format options).

I've just added support for cobertura coverage report. Will be available in the tomorrow nightly build, not documented yet (its basically just --coverage-report=cobertura). Note, that only xml file of cobertura report is generated (I could not find any xml->html convertor for it).

Hello,

I tried using this in Siesta v4.4.1 but I get an exception from the launcher:
screenshot
screenshot
screenshot.png (226.44 KiB) Viewed 6777 times

Post by nickolay »

Hm, works for me, strange. Made one fix, which seems not to be related to this exception.. Can you try in tomorrow nightly? And what were the command line arguments?

Haven't tried in nightly yet but I stripped the cli arguments down to just the url and setting the report formatter:
./puppeteer myUrl --coverage-report-format='cobertura'
Note that it fails for both puppeteer (awesome addition, btw!) and webdriver.

Tried in nightly and still getting the same result.

Post by nickolay »

Reproduced on our dev server (works locally on my machine), investigating.

Post by nickolay »

Ok, please try with 4.4.2 just released?