Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by YellowDragon »

I just downloaded Siesta 4.3.1 and I having an issue with starting a standalone webdriver server, On issuing the command below to start the standalone server instance I get a js error for setEdgeDriverServerPath, this appears to be defined in webdriver-server-all but it doesnt seem that the proper arguments are passed along. I cant seem to find anything in the Siesta Spi about this issue and this is fresh download as well, is there a configuration step im missing as this worked fine in 4.3.0.

(Directory)\siesta-4.3.1\bin>webdriver-server -port 4444
js: uncaught JavaScript runtime exception: TypeError: Cannot find function setEdgeDriverServerPath in object a Siesta.Launcher.WebDriverServerRhino.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Post by YellowDragon »

on further inspection I think there may be an error in the webdriver-server-all.js file, towards the bottom in the file there is the section

Siesta.Launcher.CommandLineTool.WebDriverRhinoTool, under this section I added the following as it was missing for Edge
setEdgeDriverServerPath:function(){this.isWindows&&java.lang.System.setProperty("webdriver.edge.driver",this.getEdgeDriverServerPath(!0))}
Finally under the method getEdgeDriverServerPath, I changed the path to reflect edge driver not the IE driver:
getEdgeDriverServerPath:function(b){if(this.isWindows)return this.binDir+"\\binary\\edgedriver"+(b?"\\MicrosoftWebDriver.exe"
This allows the webdriver server to deploy and the edge browser to successfully launch.

Post by nickolay »

Thanks for the report, we'll fix it for the next release, ticket to track: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum ... er/details

Post by YellowDragon »

I'm uploading my modified webdriver-server.all.js to the ticket, hope it helps.

Post by nickolay »

Fixed in the sources now, will be available in the next nightly build. Thanks for the report again.