Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by dmurat »

Hi

I'm having issues with predefined size of visual DOM area. For some of my test cases, it is too small, meaning some active elements, like buttons, are off the screen. In these cases, Siesta cannot execute clicks on them. It would be great to have an option which would allow to store size of Visual DOM, and other areas, between runs.

Furthermore, because I like to use rather long names for tests, size of test case grid on the left can quickly become too small, and it cannot be resized.

Damir Murat

Post by mats »

We're going to add a scroll manager to always scroll to the element you want to interact with. Can you submit a simple test case that we can use?

Post by dmurat »

Sure. Bellow is a ExtJS test case which probably will not pass when "View DOM" option is enabled. This depends on resolution used. Mine is 1920x1200. If you change window width to, for example, 200, it should pass.
StartTest(function(test) {
  var win = new Ext.Window({
    width : 1400,
    height : 200
  });

win.show();

test.ok(win.rendered, 'The window is rendered');
  test.hasSize(win, 1400, 200, 'Correct initial size');

var closeTool = win.down('header > tool[type="close"]');
  test.click(closeTool, function() {
    test.waitFor(
      function() {
        return !win.isVisible()
      },
      function() {
        test.ok(true, 'Window is closed');
        test.done();
      }
    );
  });
});
Interesting enough, above test will not pass even if "View DOM" option is disabled. With window width of 200, it should pass in either case. Furthermore, if I set window width to 800, test passes when "View DOM" is turned off, but fails otherwise.

Damir Murat

Post by nickolay »

Hm.. Right now "viewDOM" option resize the iframe, perhaps it should only move it to the top level corner and keep the size intact? Seems we also need the option for iframe size. Added these items to our todo list, will be implemented in one of the nearest releases.

Right now you can use "forceDomVIsible : true" option to make the iframe of running test always take 90% of screen size.

Post by dmurat »

I wasn't aware of forceDOMVisible option. It resolves my issues. Tnx