Request new features or modifications

Post by dimehb »

I don't know whether this feature already exists, but what I would like to be able to do is shown in this gif:
ice_video_20161031-085532.gif
ice_video_20161031-085532.gif (850.27 KiB) Viewed 5128 times
When I drag an appointment out of the existing range/view, I would like the scheduler to scroll along with my drag operation/ mouse behavior. It speaks for itself this behavior should be there for both ends (before and after current visible range)

Is this a feature you could implement?

Post by mats »

We currently only scroll within the displayed date range. But have a look at the "infiniteScroll" mode, demo'd here: https://www.bryntum.com/examples/schedul ... oming.html

Would that do it for you?

Post by dimehb »

That's not entirely what I had in mind but it's a good start. We currently use a custom date range picker to define the applied date range. If I set this config value to true, it messes up the whole interaction between the date range picker and the scheduler.

What would be great is to have the infinite scroll functionality with the drag & drop feature. If you drag the appointment to the edge of the current view, the scheduler could 'add' more dates according to the current view (for instance if the current view displays a week the scheduler could display an additional week).

This behavior would blend in perfectly with our existing infrastructure. We also buffer our appointments so we only load the appointments that are visible.

Post by mats »

It's definitely doable, you can take a look at our scroll manager and implement something similar - detecting when mouse is close to the edge and simply extending the currently visible timespan if needed.