Bryntum Scheduler - Option to have persistent event selection.

Request new features or modifications
bjork

Bryntum Scheduler - Option to have persistent event selection.

Post by bjork » Mon May 13, 2019 2:20 pm

It would be swell if there was a setting (i.e. persistentEventSelection: true) where a selected event would keep being selected even if scheduler loses focus (clicking outside of scheduler). We have a lot of functionality connected to the event selection (custom edit event, copy event to another page etc) and this feature would really help.

mats
Core Developer
Core Developer

Re: Bryntum Scheduler - Option to have persistent event selection.

Post by mats » Mon May 13, 2019 4:42 pm

I don't see that we lose it. Go here: https://bryntum.com/examples/scheduler/basic/

Select 3 events, click page header (not part of scheduler). Events still selected. Am I missing something?
Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our new error logging service RootCause, or read more on the Sencha blog

@bryntum
Facebook
API documentation

bjork

Post by bjork » Mon May 13, 2019 5:27 pm

mats wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:42 pm
I don't see that we lose it. Go here: https://bryntum.com/examples/scheduler/basic/

Select 3 events, click page header (not part of scheduler). Events still selected. Am I missing something?
You are right, I wasn't very clear in my post. The selection is persistent but the b-active class is removed from the event whenever the scheduler loses focus. Since we only have single-selection the b-active class serves as the far more dominant selection-marker than the change of event color which is the "true" selection marker. I guess my feature request needs to be changed to be about the b-active class being persistent rather than the selection itself.

mats
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by mats » Mon May 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Why not use the selection CSS class?
Tired of debugging javascript errors in web applications? Try our new error logging service RootCause, or read more on the Sencha blog

@bryntum
Facebook
API documentation