Discuss anything related to web development but no technical support questions

Post by pards »

I'm currently evaluation the Gantt product and one requirement we have is to be able to limit both the start and end date for each task. So for example, a task can only start later than Sept 1 2012 but must end before Sept 1 2013. We want to prevent users from using the slider to go before Sept 1 2012 and the end date should not be allowed to slide after Sept 1 2013 (same goes for manually editing the dates directly).

I'm thinking some sort of validation in the slider that displays a message saying "Date can't be moved pass ......" and then the values can revert back to where they were OR users can't physically extend it pass a certain date?

Is this in any way possible? I've searched and so far the closest I saw were events for the Scheduler, but nothing for the Gantt product. If yes, are there any examples with codes?

Post by jakub »

What do you mean when talking about slider ? Gantt is based on the scheduler, so it has most of it's functionality. Look at the events available for the Gantt panel : https://bryntum.com/docs/#!/api/Gnt.panel.Gantt
JavaScript/Angular/ExtJS consulting - kuba@virtualdesign.pl

Post by mats »

Do you mean drag-drop of the task? This is possible in Scheduler but not in Gantt, should be - opening a ticket.

Post by pards »

Thanks. I'll try the Scheduler events.

Post by mats »

This is now solved by using the constraints feature.

Post by siddhd »

mats wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:21 pm This is now solved by using the constraints feature.
EXTJS : 6.6.0
Gantt-pro-6.0.4

Hi Mats,

How is it possible by using constraints? As we can apply only one constraint to the task (for e.g. let say to the root element) i.e 'start no earlier than' or 'finish not later than' at a time. This will limit only start date or end date but not both at a time. I want to limit both start and end dates of project and it's children within given range of dates.

:?: How can it will be possible without using constraints ?

Please help me.

Thank you :)
Regards,
Siddh