Discuss anything related to web development but no technical support questions

Post by Priyanka kakade »

Hello,

We are having two different licence copies one for bryntum gantt chart and one for bryntum taskboard. I observed that both licenses contain same Sch and Robo folder in src folder. Is it having same code or different code?

Please help.

Post by pmiklashevich »

The content is different. Robo and Sch folders contain copy of classes which are required in Gantt/Taskboard classes. Gantt's folders contain more full copy of the original Robo/Scheduler and have everything the TaskBoard is needed. We also have an example of using Gantt+TaskBoard together. It requires gnt-all-debug.js and taskboard-all-thin-debug.js (see index.html). -thin- file is a file which has only sources of the specific product, but doesn't have other products like Robo or Scheduler.

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Hello pmiklashevich,

Thank you for quick reply. So you are saying if I only use gantt's sch and robo classes then it will work for taskboard also? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Post by pmiklashevich »

Yes, it should work

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Hello pmiklashevich,

Thank you for quick reply. I have one question if I want to use taskboard without resourceStore, is it possible? as if I pass null or resourceStore:{} to taskboard then it is throwing error "Event.js:243 Uncaught TypeError: resourceStore.getModelById is not a function." Is resourceStore is required config? Please help.

Post by pmiklashevich »

That's a bug. resourceStore should be an optional config for TaskBoard. I've created a ticket to get it fixed: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum/tickets/7055

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Hello pmiklashevich,

Thank you for quick reply. But till bug gets resolved is there any workaround for not using resourceStore?

Post by mats »

Configure your task board with
        resourceStore : { type : 'kanban_resourcestore'}

Hello mats,

Thank you for your reply. It is working. :)