Discuss anything related to web development but no technical support questions

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi,

We are seeing column header and value misalignment issue on clicking on column value.
Same is reproducible on Advance example, please set "columnLines : true" to see more clarity in the issue.
Please see attached video for same.

Requesting to provide any fix or patch for same.

Bryntum: 3.0.12
Sencha: 5.1.0
Browser: IE11

Thanks,
Pravin More
Attachments
column misalign issue.zip
(485.38 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
I cannot reproduce this locally. Please provide runnable test case.

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi Maxim,

Please find attached Bryntum 3.0.12 advance example in which it is reproducible.
It has following modifications
1: advanced.html is modified to refer "ext-all.js" locally as facing issue to refer cdn of it.
2: Gantt.js is modified to add " columnLines : true"

Thanks,
Pravin More
Attachments
advanced.zip
(610.18 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

I tried on 3 different IE11 browsers:

not reproducible on given example. What version do you use? Can you provide exact steps to follow?

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi Maxim,

Please find attached exact IE version that I am using.
Also, it is sporadically reproduces on Chrome(58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)) too.

Thanks,
Pravin More
Attachments
IE Version.png
IE Version.png (24.19 KiB) Viewed 4660 times

This is a sencha bug, reproducible in modified locked tree example with extjs 5.1.0-5.1.2. Try to ask on sencha forum for possible solution.

To reproduce on locked tree demo modify it accordingly:
1) add this config to tree to enable scroll
lockedGridConfig:{width:250}
2) lock 2nd column by adding locked:true
3) open example with closed debugger (with opened debugger problem is not reproducible)

Now if you scroll locked view to the right and click last cell view will be out of sync with header.

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for the information, is there any patch/workaround that you can suggest ?

Regards,
Pravin More

I assume this issue is caused by layout, which is supposed to calculate correct width for header container but struggle to do it. Layouts are very hard to debug, especially in this case, when issue is not reproducible with developer console open.
Maybe you can try following hack: add column having width of the scroll bar (see getScrollbarSize). That way it should be hidden completely in IE11, moving content to visible area.
You can also experiment with styles, specifically "overflow-y" on the header container and view.

My recommendations would be to ask sencha for a patch or upgrade to 6.2.1.