Discuss anything related to web development but no technical support questions

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi,

I am seeing row mismatch issue in GanttChart after vertical scrolling very fast using scroll bar(not reproducible with mouse scroll button) tried to reproduce it on advance example, however, couldn't reproduced it.

Attaching screenshot for your reference.
Requesting you to help me with some pointers or hints that can help me in analysis ?

Bryntum: 3.0.8
Sencha: 5.1.2
Browser: IE11

Thanks in advance,
Pravin More
Attachments
Mismatch.png
Mismatch.png (48.39 KiB) Viewed 5185 times

Post by pmiklashevich »

I'm sorry, but 3.x is not under support any more. Try to upgrade to 4.x or 5.x versions.

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi,

We are in process of upgrading in our latest release, but, customer is on older release and not ready to upgrade.

Thanks,
Pravin More

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi,

any help/pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pravin

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

You will need to dig down to buffered renderer code. Check styles of the item containers is locked and normal view. Check view vertical scroll in locked and normal part. This should give you some tips.
Is it only reproducible in IE?

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi Maxim,

Thank you very much for inputs, yes, it is reproducible on IE only.

-Pravin

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi,

It is happening because bufferedRenderer is true by default for Gnt.panel.Gantt, scrolling work fine with bufferedRenderer = false. However, expandAll becomes very slow with it. Is there a way to improve expandAll with bufferedRenderer = false ?

Thanks,
Pravin More

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Buffered renderer only renders rows to fill view plus some extra from top and bottom to make scrolling seamless. When you disable it - every record is rendered. I don't see a way to improve rendering greatly without buffered renderer.
I would also recommend to try different scheduler version. You're using 3.0.8 and latest was 3.0.12.

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi,
After bufferedRenderer = false, still we are seeing this issue once in while.May i know the API name which get invoked to sync rows of normal and lockgrid when user moves scrollbar ?

Thanks,
Pravin More

Post by rdonahue6 »

Hi,

I found another use case which breaks the alignment of rows. Rows get mismatch with shiftPrevious and shiftNext.
Please refer attach video for same, also, attaching source code of it.
Steps are
1:Load the buffer sample example in IE11.
2:Move scroll bar to middle of structure.
3:Click on shift next till task bars get hide.
4:Now, click on shift previous till bars get visible, you will see task in chart will be different than task in table of same row.

Our customer wants this use case must get fixed, however, not ready to upgrade right now,
hence, your help will be appreciated.

Bryntum: 3.0.8
Sencha: 5.1.2
Browser: IE11

Thanks,
Pravin More
Attachments
Video Shift_Next_Previous_Buffer_Issue.zip
Video
(329.33 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
buffered.zip
Modified Buffer example