Get help with testing, discuss unit testing strategies etc.

Post by AlexanderRichardson »

Hello, I have reviewed and attempted to follow the steps on this page : https://www.bryntum.com/docs/siesta/#!/g ... automation, but I am still running into issues automating my tests. I get different errors when I try different browsers.

On chrome, I get the error: "[ERROR] Setup failed: Error: Error while opening harness page: 5".

For ie, I don't have access to changing my security zones, so we can ignore that one.

For firefox, the error claims that the harness page I am using contains Siesta Lite distribution and that I need to switch to siesta standard or trial packages. I am currently using the siesta-4.1.2-trial.

Any ideas on what I can try?

Update: Without changing anything, I tried again and it ran about a fourth of my tests then failed. I haven't been able to get it to do that again though.

Post by nickolay »

Hi,

It seems your harness html page loads "siesta-all.js" from some different Siesta version. Make sure, that harness page loads the "siesta-all.js" file from the distribution you launch "bin/webdriver".

Post by AlexanderRichardson »

Sorry, I should have followed up on this sooner. Chrome started working after rebooting my pc. Firefox is still getting the same error though. I don't think I will need firefox though, so chrome will work fine.