Discuss anything related to web development but no technical support questions

Post by Reegan »

Hi,
I am using Bryntum Gantt chart using asp.net, Call data from web service and assign app.js. If I have drag the task auto sync all data has aligned Perfectly. I have to fix a particular task end date as a fixed one.Auto sync alignment when dragging a task has to be done with in the particular fixed date

Post by arcady »

Sorry I don't understand your question. Please elaborate your request.

Post by Reegan »

In the given set of tasks, we need to fix certain task end date as fixed date. For example the project delivery date is fixed and it cannot be changed. While adjusting the tasks which are before to this fixed date task then the adjustment will take place in the reverse order (Task start date will be moved towards left). For the tasks which are after the fixed date task then the task end date will be adjusted.
We would like to know is there any default provision available in our product if so, please provide us some sample implementation of the same.

I have attached the sample screenshots below.
chart without changing task dates.
chart without changing task dates.
Pic1.png (27.2 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
Drag the second task form 10 to 20 days.
Drag the second task form 10 to 20 days.
Pic2.png (27.42 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
Required chart after changing the values.
Required chart after changing the values.
Pic3.png (28.46 KiB) Viewed 2310 times

Post by mats »

You basically mean a MUST_START_ON constraint? This is coming in v3.0, for now you'll need to override our codebase to solve this. Perhaps the setStartDate method in the TaskModel class would be a decent candidate to investigate?

Post by money »

Is there any easy way to impelement As Late As Possible (ALAP) and As Soon As Possible (ASAP) and Must Finish On (MFO) if we update it in controller then it not effecting gantt chart.when we can we expext v3.0 release ..